Dear Pirate Stakeholders,
I am excited to see our students, faculty, and staff as we return tomorrow for normal classes! I would like to wish everyone a safe and successful 2022 as every one of our students work toward his or her academic and personal goals for the year.
As I observe the results of this COVID virus and how it is transpiring, it is an appropriate time to reinforce a few safety measures and reminders as to how we will progress forward...
- Perkins Local Schools will operate under a "personal choice" system for mask-wearing, as we have done. Please decide for yourselves whether your child will wear masks or not. All individuals have this choice to make for themselves. If your child is symptomatic and does not feel well, please keep them at home.
- We will remain open and operate under our Board approved calendar. If school should be canceled due to inclement weather or for any other reason, notifications will be communicated through the district's voice messaging system, social media platforms, and local media.
- Our custodial crews will continue to prioritize cleaning and sanitizing protocols. Please contact your child's building principal if you have questions.
- Perkins Local Schools offer a remote learning system if you are interested. Please contact Rena McClellan at 419-625-0484 if you would like to inquire about it.
- We will continue to follow mandates from the CDC, Ohio Department of Health, Ohio Department of Education, and the Erie County Health Department if and when they are ordered.
Please call 419-625-0484 if you have any questions. Thank you and have a great second half to this 2021-2022 school year. Go Pirates!
Yours in Education,
Perkins Local Schools